Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dear President Obama:

How are you? I am fine. I am very happy that you are our President. You seem very nice.

What was it like to be borned in Kenya?

Zachary (Age 7)

***

Dear Mr. Obama:

I'm too young to vote, but if I could have voted I would have voted for you. I think you are awesome! How come every time my daddy says President Obama he wiggles two little fingers up in the air on the President part?

Keep up the good work!
Natalie (Age 6)

***

Dear President Obama:

My parents have raised me that it's wrong to not like people based on the color of their skin just because they are White. Please like me as much as I like you. Then maybe my Uncle will be wrong about you being given a massassination.

Sincerely,
Timmy (Age 8)

***

Dear President Obama:

Congradulations on being the only Black President of the United States. My mommy says she hopes you keep that distinction forever. You must be very proud of having avoided the shiftlessness she says marks your race. Congradulations for that too!

Your Pal,
Jacob (Age 10)

***

Dear President Obama:

Greetings from Tulsa! I hope it is pretty where you are.

I would like you as President if you made a law to give me a horse. I know you can't give everyone a horse but if you can then I call 'first!' Also, could you please grow a small little moustache about an inch wide so my mommy doesn't have to spend so much time drawing it in on her signs?

Love,
Britney (Age 8)

***

Dear Mr. Obama:

My Daddy and his girlfriend woke me up to see you give your acceptance speech. It was very neat! Their eyes were shining with tears and they told me it was very important to always remember this moment as it is when America died. But everybody seemed really happy to me so maybe it's just a kind of America that died that makes them sad and the new one makes people happy.

Your Friend,
Melissa (Age 9)

***

Dear President Obama:

My family is planning a trip to Washington D.C. next Summer and I'd like to come visit the White House. If I take the tour will they let me on the porch so I can play with the monkey daddy told me lives there now?

Take it easy,
Sean (Age 10)

***

Dear Mr. Obama:

This Summer I went to camp and it was outstanding! We did art and hiking and there was a rope swing by the lake. Is this what the FEMA camps you're going to herd us into will be like? If it is then you don't have to do it at gunpoint the way grandpa says you're gonna--I'll be itching to go!

Packing my bags!
Shane (Age 11)

***

Dear Mr. President:

I am glad you are so intelligent and well-educated; I think that's important when you've got such a hard job. I'm very smart and I would like to go to Harvard one day too, but it's very expensive. Maybe I can get in on a spear-chucking scholarship like mommy says you did? Is it hard to do?

Your (future!) fellow alum,
Josh (Age 9)

***

Dear Mr. Obama:

I hear my folks talking about you a lot. I would like to understand more about you. What does 'seditious commie' mean? How about 'mesegenated fascist'?

Please let me know!
Blake (Age 13)

***

Dear President Obama:

I know you've got a lot of things you have to pay attention to, and that each of them is very complicated and has a lot of different considerations, and there's a lot of pressure on you because everything you deal with is very important. But it doesn't have to be so hard! You could just listen to Glenn Beck or Rush Limbo. They're really smart and they've got everything figured right out. They even make it so simple my step-daddy can understand it, and he's the first to admit he's no rocket scientist.

It's too bad those guys didn't have anything to say when George Bush was President; they could have helped him a lot!

Best Wishes,
Devon (Age 10)

***

Dear Barack Obama:

I think your election shows how far America has come towards being a more inclusive and open-minded country. Regardless of anyone’s background, we all share a love of our country, a common destiny, and a common purpose. I believe what you said, that as Americans we rise or fall together, as one people. No matter what the color of someone’s skin, this nation belongs to all of us.

That also goes for the White House silverware, so please don’t take any on your way out.

I mean it,
Ethan (Age 13)

***

Dear Barack:

My daddy and his friends talk about you all the time, although they have a hard time pronouncing your name. They call you President Booga-Booga! I don't have any problem saying 'President Obama' though.

In fact, I love saying it.

Your fan,
Shawna (Age 12)